7 Reflections on Forty Years of Writing // Asbury Seedbed
7 Reflections on Forty Years of Writing // Asbury Seedbed.
- Let’s take Scripture seriously, unfiltered, without blinders, inductively.
- The church is a spiritual/social organism with its own ecology.
- God is always in the business of radically renewing the church, if we are open to the Spirit and faithful to Scripture.
- God has “a plan for the fullness of time to bring everything in heaven and earth together under one head, even Jesus Christ” (Eph. 1:10).
- Christians are “stewards of God’s grace” (1 Peter 4:10) and stewards of the earth.
- Since God is always at work to renew the church, church history is largely the story of a succession of renewal movements, from the early church right up to today.
- We have unbounded confidence that God will fulfill all his promises.